Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Fonts

I've been noticing some really fantastic fonts lately that I have to pass over for pretty much every job, but I always pause on them first... sigh a little... then move on. The first is Henry Morgan Hand by Manfred Klein. Oh lordy. I have had a love affair with this bad boy for quite some time. Major props go out to Bitch magazine, who had the courage to use this divine font in their spread about Isabella Rossellini's short films about the mating habits of insects. What an amazing collision of sweet, sweet indulgence there.

A font that has become lodged in my heart more recently is PR8 Charade.

It's one of those cursive fonts that is just bursting with this free-wheeling spirit. And check out those lower-case z's and the upper-case W. GORGEOUS. Enough variation in the thickness of the strokes to keep it really interesting.

On the topic of fonts, I've been noticing Freeport everywhere. Am I the only one?

P.S. Thanks to Vintage Vectors for the sweet vintage balloon I used.

No comments: