Monday, March 28, 2011

Freelancing! :D

Here are a few projects I've been working on in my free time.

1. Local logo contest for the website AlabamaNights.com.

I'm the first submission so far... hoping I have a good shot. ^_^
It was definitely a nice change of pace to work on this.

2. Creating t-shirt designs for a coworker's offshoot start-up business.

I am hoping to get started on an e-commerce site for him soon using Joomla! as well. Speaking of which...

3. Learning Joomla! and installing it on my domain + porting my portfolio into a Joomla! site.
New portfolio is up at www.katmcgo.com. Joomla! is like my new best friend. <3
Next step is a custom template... which looks a little daunting, since there are LOTS of elements that need to be styled. BUT...

4. Creating a simple Joomla! site for the Birmingham Urasenke group.

I am hoping to be able to do this, as their site (current version here: urasenkebirmingham.org) is pretty lightweight, and would require minimal links, menus and doodads. I think this project would be a great way to learn how to make a Joomla! template.

Anyway, I am happy to have lots of things to work on. And learning Joomla! is SO much fun. ^_^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And she does fantastic work!

Katherine McGonigle said...

D'awwwww, thank you! :D