Monday, May 23, 2011

In spite of it all, the calm of the tea room

I had my first tea ceremony lesson in nearly 2 months yesterday, and was quite excited to be learning the summer temae. On my way there however (and I was almost there!), I was quite abruptly rear-ended while waiting to merge into on-coming traffic. Luckily, the damage was minimal, but the rest of my journey to the tea room was spent shaking and crying.

I had been so mentally ready for this lesson, just to have my composure completely broken right beforehand. It was rather distressing, and I was concerned that things would go very poorly.

However, once I got into the space of the tea room, my mindset quickly changed. I couldn't even hold my worries in my head. There was so much to soak in, and to learn, I simply didn't have room for those worries and negative thoughts. I think my focus was better than it has ever been. I thought that tea was the last thing I needed, but at that moment, it was the best thing for me.

No comments: